Friday, December 3, 2010

Online Application Reviews

Google Documents gets the Most Exciting Surprise Award. There is a word processor online, and I never knew it. Being the first application I looked at, I eagerly clicked on the application to see what it had to offer. I guess when you are used to one type of word processing program, I use Microsoft Word, it can be difficult to adjust to the new language and positions of buttons of a different application. I liked the ability when clicking “Create New,” to have the option of creating a document, spreadsheet, presentation, form or drawing. In Microsoft, you would have to open each application separately. The menu choices are pretty standard, and for the types of documents, I and/or my students would prepare, it offers enough choices. This application has a Share feature, which allows others to access and edit your document, a nice feature if you have collaborative writing assignments or would like students to do peer editing of one another’s papers. Google Documents also has publishing capability and has a feature that allows for choices on how you would like your documents viewed (public/private access). Like any application, consistency in use would give a more reliable assessment of whether it is more or less preferred over other more commonly used programs, such as Microsoft's applications.


Fotoflexr was GREAT! The site was easily accessible and user friendly. There are many effects to choose from. I uploaded a photo of myself, which I did not particularly like. I was pleasantly surprised to see how effective, this FREE application was in fixing this picture. I also liked the ability to work with major services, such as Picasa and Facebook, to import your photos for editing. I would recommend this application. It offers a lot of variety for editing your pictures, and most of all, it is FREE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

South Bend, Indiana